Today, at 6 p.m., 2 out of 10 finalists will be awarded during the 5th Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI) Triennial Awards at Marco Polo Plaza Cebu, Cebu City.
The RAFI Triennial Awards is the premier service and humanitarian award in the Visayas and Mindanao, which recognize the philanthropic, humanitarian, and holistic efforts of individuals and institutions in enhancing the quality of life of various groups and communities.
Five finalists vied for each of the awards category—the Ramon Aboitiz Award for Exemplary Individual and Eduardo Aboitiz Award for Outstanding Institution. They are Fr. Angelo Buenavides, Prof. Estrella Cantallopez, Apolinario Leyson Sr., Fr. Dennis Tamayo, and Rene Vendiola for the individual cateogory, and Agri-Aqua Development Coalition Mindanao Inc., Alternative Indigenous Development Foundation Inc., Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation Inc., SOS Children’s Villages Philippines, and The Great Physician Rehabilitation Foundation for the institution category.
We will be live blogging the event starting at 5:30 p.m., so please bookmark this page and come back then. Don’t forget to follow @davaobloggers, @dulcelada and @karlastefan on Twitter for other highlights.
- 6:02PM Dinner is now served. Guests are starting to flock by the buffet tables.
- 6:55PM Program starts with opening remarks from Don Roberto E. Aboitiz of Ramon Aboitiz Foundation Inc. (RAFI). “Nothing is more liberating than fighting for a cause larger than yourself…”
- 7:02PM RAFI AVP. “RAFI is a celebration of humanity. We are here to celebrate their victory in uplifting the Filipino spirit.” Team members, validators, event organizers, past and present winners and finalists talk about the RAFI Triennial awards experience
- 7:04PM Introduction of the Search Committee members for the 5TH RAFI Triennial awards. These committee members are now asked to come up onstage.
- 7:06PM Start of the introduction of the group finalists for the Triennial awards. Here’s the complete list of the finalists for the group category: Agri-Aqua Development Coalition Mindanao Inc., Alternative Indigenous Development Foundation Inc., Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation Inc., SOS Children’s Villages Philippines, and The Great Physician Rehabilitation Foundation.
- 7:13PM The representatives of the institutions of the group category are now being asked to come up on stage. They are given their plaques of recognition.
- 7:17PM Negros Women for Tomorrow Foundation is announced as the winner of the 5th RAFI Triennial Awards.
- 7:32PM An AVP introducing the finalists for the individual category of the 5th RAFI Triennial Awards is being shown. They are Fr. Angelo Buenavides, Prof. Estrella Cantallopez, Apolinario Leyson Sr., Fr. Dennis Tamayo and Rene Vendiola.
- 7:37PM Don Roberto Aboitiz announces the winner for the individual category. The winner is tree-hugger and reforestation advocate Rene Vendiola.
- 7:38PM As intermission, selected RAFI representatives, Maria Cristina Aboitiz and Amaya, read a poem entitled “A Future Not Our Own”.
“We are workers, not master builders, ministers, not messiahs. We are prophets of the future not our own.”
- 7:44PM Jon Ramon Aboitiz introduces and formally launches the 5th RAFI Triennial Awards Book. Guests will receive a copy of this book.
- 7:49PM Guests are given a copy of the 5th RAFI Triennial Awards book.
- 7:51PM Event has just been closed. Some fireworks and flying crepe papers.
Check out the photos of the awards night courtesy of Dulce Rose Lada.
Thank you for staying with us and CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL THE WINNERS AND THE FINALISTS OF THE 5TH RAFI TRIENNIAL AWARDS! 🙂