We will bring you live updates from IdeaSpace Foundation’s Final Pitching, Judging and Awards today (April 5, 2013) straight from the First Pacific Leadership Academy in Antipolo City, Rizal.
A total of 700 startup ideas were submitted from all over the Philippines. After a rigid selection process by the different panels of judges, all experts and leaders from industries, the startup community, venture capital firms, academe and government; the top 20 finalists were revealed last March 25, 2013.
Here’s the complete list of IdeaSpace Finalists:
- AgriCultureTechnology (Metro Manila) – monitors growth of aquatic livestock
- Armtech (Angeles City) – affordable water purification machine for households
- CornerData (Metro Manila)– simplified data gathering for agriculture and disaster preparedness using electronic sensors
- DateCola (Davao) – natural date enriched beverages
- DepEd Smart Cloud (Angeles City) – enterprise solution for public school system
- FindmyDok (Davao) – a solution for searching doctors
- Lost Meets Found (Cebu) – an online solution for lost and found objects
- miCab (Cebu) – smartphone solution for getting a cab with or without mobile Internet
- Mirand (Metro Manila) – Lower cost and high quality total joint implants for the Asian market
- Nambal.com (Cebu) – online healthcare system with portable features
- PGRS (Metro Manila) – produces electricity via rumble strips on high traffic roads
- PinoyTravel (Metro Manila) – provincial bus seat reservation using mobile technologies
- PortfolioMNL (Metro Manila) – online marketplace for creative professionals
- Prodigo (Manila) – a solution for targeted promotions and analytics
- SafeCab (Cebu) – a solution that providing feedback for commuters riding cabs
- Summarize and Notify (Leyte) – allows web searches, summarizes information and notifies users
- Tech4Health (Metro Manila) – solution for health monitoring of chronic conditions including diabetes
- TimeFree (Zamboanga) – SMS-based automated queuing system
- Tudlo (Cebu) – a system that teaches, guides and points during a disaster and emergency situation
- WeGen (Sorsogon) – new design of wind turbine that is more efficient than current technology
Today, the top 10 tech startup ideas will be named as winners of the 1st IdeaSpace National Competition. They will be awarded with:
Six months incubation and funding worth up to PhP5M (approx. USD120K) each. The ten winners will also receive mentoring, support, services and grants from IdeaSpace partners and potential market runway to scale up their business to millions of households and subscribers.
Teams from outside Metro Manila will also receive housing support to allow them to work on their startup, the only incubation program in the Philippines offering this service.
Please stay tuned as Davao Bloggers Society correspondent Dulce Rose Lada will report live later this afternoon. Don’t forget to follow @DavaoBloggers and @DulceLada at Twitter for more updates. #IdeasToReality #IdeaSpacePh